Thursday 7 December 2017

Random Character Poses. - UNIT 2

These are some more poses i drew of my character, i like them all as i keep his shape a realistic and accurate size and shape, its rather consistent but the only issues i have is i feel my drawings become more like a grizzly bear than a polar bear, i find it difficult to do the long necks polar bears have and end up doing a more fatter and thicker furred neck and body.

In this one i tried to show an angry expression my character
in both front and side faced directions, i really like the front face
but i feel the side face needed more detail and efforts done to angle
it better.

I love this one as it shows how angry he is and the lifting of his paw
shows how much anger he has toward a certain creature/thing
the eyebrow also helps to express his anger as well as the fact he is
showing his teeth.













I find this one good because it shows his silly side where he is scratching his chin while he thinks, he also looks like he is in a very relaxed position.

I find this one okay but i think i should have worked on his back more as it
seems to squared and unrealistic to me, but i do like his curious expression to the
fish he had caught moments before.

I love these examples of my character in both front face and side view
however the front face looks more grizzly bear like than polar bear like.


I think this shows his weight in a good way as the curves and curls on his body
express the weight behind his body, however it again resembles a grizzly more than a polar bear. 

I love this one the most as it looks like a pole bear with his long muzzle
and his thin neck, he looks very protective and the angle i have him in shows
him off in a perfect way.

I like this one because it shows him being silly and cute rolling around on the ground
but i feel i could have worked on his face a bit better and his front paws.

I love this one too because his neck is because long and thin like a polar bear
does has, and his muzzle is yet again long too. 


These last two were just silly designs i did for christmas time with my character. So i do not take these very serious and nor did i put my effort into them, just thought it would be nice for christmas. 






I like this drawing because the way I done his neck and arms shows how big and thin he is which is how Polar bears necks and arms usually look, long and sort of slim. This is a cute idea I had and I like it because it shows my character being soft and kind.



Here are some references to images that I looked at to help me draw these images:
Link 1 
http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/polar-bear-lying-in-snow-picture-id200219816-001?s=612x612
Link 2
https://tce-live2.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/54d4ea03-a6e2-4889-99f7-4e0a83fe0a84.jpg
Link 3
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCA3WuEqYzRi2cmjIRoORY-Im8PyDxgPyTGbPmZ_RdnLBL-lK0
Link 4
https://naturalunseenhazards.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/bear-standing-crane-noaa.jpg
Link 5 
https://www.rd.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/march-2016-polar-bear.jpg

1 comment: