Tuesday 4 December 2018

Character Design (For Animation)


My animation project is going to be a collaboration with my friend called Lucy Burgess in the course with me , I will be designing a small and grumpy looking dog that will eventually be tied in conflict with my friends design which will be a postwoman, he is going to be very small and yappy, and the story line will be based on the postwoman trying to deliver the mail to the door in which the dog sits in the front garden waiting for any person to try and come onto the lawn. The animation is going to be based on conflict so that is why we have decided to make the dog very grumpy and territorial. It will only be roughly 15-20 seconds long but will have enough in it to show the messages we're trying to get across.

I will now show some character design templates done by me and Lucy to show progress of the animation and the characters themselves.



This is a basic character design made by Lucy Burgess for the postwoman character of the animation:

This is Lucy's attempt at drawing my character Spud.


Here is more work of the character Carol that Lucy has made; 


This is a character design template drawn by me to represent the small dog.

NOT YET POSTED.
This is spud, an attempt of Lucy trying to draw my character;

This is a small clip of Spud, the dog character I have made for the animation, and this is one of the scenes.


Here is another short animation clip of a scene with Spud.


Here is another scene on my character, just to show further progression. 


This is the simple chase that Spud does at the end.


No comments:

Post a Comment